Train Crew Information
2016 Crew Schedule and GN Reservations
The latest 2016 Crew Schedules and GN Caboose Crew Reservations. For more
2016 Locomotive Schedule
Latest proposed schedule for assigned locomotives.
Most recent Operations Bulletins, REQUIRED READING FOR CREWS!
Rules, Regulations, and Reference
Crew Qualification Forms
- Air Brakes for Dummies: The Basics, adapted from Al Krug.
- Train Brakes: A Closer Look, Dan Denham with edits and additions by SVRR engine crew.
- Train Brakes at SVRR, Chapter 1: A review article on how air brakes "apply" (no pun intended) on the Sumpter Valley Railroad.
- Air Brake Tests and Inspections: Everything about air tests and train inspections. Required knowledge for all train crew positions.
Resources for experienced train crew as well as people new to the railroad and firefighting. It is suggested that you start with the more in-depth 2010 presentation and working down the list, ending with the exam. All Fire Training files will need to be downloaded and viewed with MS Powerpoint or Open Office.
- Firefighting for Railroaders: Called a "Review" but covers all essentials, (13.3 MB .ppt file).
- Firefighting Review, 2011: A refresher with a slightly different approach than above, (1.8 MB .ppt file).
- Fire Scenarios: A series of situations work through and discuss, group recommended, (206 KB .ppt file).
- Firefighting Exam: After working through above presentations you should ace this, (193 KB .ppt file).